A Comparative Ab Initio Study of Small Si and C Clusters
The study of small atomic clusters is a relatively new and important field of research in materials science. The small clusters study which forms a link between atomic and solid state physics (and chemistry) is of interdisciplinary nature and has both scientific and technological importance. The study of the growth process versus size and the implications to nanostructure technology give a simple illustration of the significance of cluster research. Obviously the study of silicon1–4 and carbon5–7, including carbon fullerenes8, has attracted more interest due to their increased importance in scientific and technological applications.
KeywordsGraphite Cage Hexagonal Fullerene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.K.Raghavachari, in Phase Transistors, Vols.24–26:pp. 61–69 (1990).Google Scholar
- A.Zdetsis, S.Peyerimhoff, G.Froudakis, M.Muhlhauser, B.Engels, N.Flytzanis, in proceedings Materials Research for Information Technologyp. 123, edited by G.Kaiser and N.Constantopoulos, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH Scientific Series of the International Bureau, Berlin (1993).Google Scholar
- A. D. Zdetsis, G. Froudakis, M. Muhlhauser and H. Thumnel, to appear in J. Chem. Phys.Google Scholar
- A. D. Zdetsis in proceedings of the IX greek national solid state physical society pp 269 (1993).Google Scholar
- A. D. Zdetsis, to be published.Google Scholar