Inverse Coefficient Problem for Elliptic Hemivariational Inequality
In this paper we consider the problem of identification of a discontinuous coefficient in elliptic hemivariational inequality. First we prove an existence theorem for an inverse problem and we establish the boundary homogenization result for the direct problem. Then we study the asymptotic behavior of the set of solutions to the inverse problem. We show that the solution set to the inverse problem for homogenized hemivariational inequality has the upper semicontinuity property with respect to the solution set of the original identification problem.
KeywordsInverse Problem Direct Problem Hemivariational Inequality Semicontinuity Property Lipschitz Continuous Boundary
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Migórski, S. (1996). Boundary Homogenization Technique for Estimation of Coefficients in Elliptic Equations, Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Inverse Problems in Engineering: Theory and Practice, Port aux Rocs, Le Croisic, France, June 9–14,1996, D. Delaunay et al., Eds., 375–384, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers.Google Scholar
- Migórski, S. (1998). Identification of nonlinear heat transfer laws in problems modeled by hemivariational inequalities, Proceedings of International Symposium on Inverse Problems in Engineering Mechanics1998 (ISIP’98), Nagano, Japan, March 24–27, 1998, M. Tanaka and G. S. Dulikravich, Eds., Elsevier Science B.V., 27–37.Google Scholar
- Migórski, S., and Ochal, A. (2000). Optimal control of parabolic hemivariational inequalities, J. Global Optimization, to appear.Google Scholar
- Naniewicz, Z., and Panagiopopoulos, P.D. (1995). Mathematical Theory of Hemivariational Inequalities and Applications, Marcel Dekker, Inc., New York, Basel, Hong Kong.Google Scholar
- Ochal, A. (2000). Domain Identification Problem for Elliptic Hemivariational Inequalities, Topological Methods in Nonlinear Analysis, Submitted.Google Scholar
- Panagiotopoulos, P.D. (1985). Inequality Problems in Mechanics and Applica-tions. Convex and Nonconvex Energy Functions, Birkhäuser, Basel.Google Scholar
- Yongji, T. (1986). An inverse problem for nonlocal elliptic BVP and resistivity identification, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 1306: 149–159.Google Scholar
- Zeidler, E. (1990). Nonlinear Functional Analysis and Applications II A/B, Springer, New York.Google Scholar