Francis Amasa Walker
Walker, United States Civil War general and President of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, contributed to statistics through service as Director of the U.S. Census Office and president of the American Statistical Association.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anderson, Margo (1988). The American Census: A Social History. Yale University Press, New Haven. (Treats his career as Census Superintendent.)Google Scholar
- Munroe, James Phinney (1923). A Life of Francis Amasa Walker. Henry Holt & Co., New York.Google Scholar
- Newton, Bernard (1968). The Economics of Francis Amasa Walker; American Economics in Transition. A. M. Kelley, New York.Google Scholar
- Walker, Francis Amasa (1970). Discussions in Economics and Statistics. 2 volumes, Davis R. Dewey, ed., Burt Franklin, New York. A reprint of the 1899 edition. (Compiles Walker’s articles.)Google Scholar
- Walker, Francis Amasa (1887). Political Economy. H. Holt and Company, New York.Google Scholar
- Whitaker, John K. (1997). Enemies or Allies? Henry George and Francis Amasa Walker One Century Later. Journal of Economic Literature, XXXV, 1891–1915. (Contains recent bibliography.)Google Scholar