Gluon Condensation in QCD and Supersymmetric QCD
- 123 Downloads
Although non-perturbative study of field theories has a long history, It is a feeling shared by many people, perhaps by all of us at this workshop, that it is becoming increasingly more critical for the deep understanding of physical laws of nature. It is probably not an exaggeration to say that it is an emblem of the particle physics of the 80’s. This I believe is an inevitable trend. The development of non-abelian gauge theories In the 70’s has brought us to the stage where we cannot help talking about the derivation of the spectrum of the world with naturalness and economy (unification). This is outside the realm of the perturbation theory, in which one particle requires one field with prescribed characteristics. More dynamical aspects of gauge theories must be understood, and QCD and supersymmetric versions of it will certainly play primary roles as prototypical theories.
KeywordsWilson Loop Color Singlet Vacuum Energy Density Gluon Condensation Supersymmetric Case
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M.A. Shifman, A.I. Vainstein, and V.I. Zakharov, Pis’ma Zh. Eksp. Teor. Fiz. 27 (1978) 60 JETP Lett. 27 (1978)55; Mucl. Phys. B147 (1979) 385, 448, 519.Google Scholar
- G.K. Savvidy, Phys. Lett. 71B (1977) 133. S.G. Matinyan and G.K. Savvidy, Nucl. Phys. B134 (1978) 539. N.K. Nielsen and P. Olesen, feci. Phys. B144 (1978) 376. H. Pagels and E. Tomboulis, Nucl. Phys. B143 (1978) 465. R. Weder, Phys. Lett. 85B (1979) 249. R. Fukuda, Phys. Rev. D21 (1980) 485. R. Fukuda and Y. Kazama, Phys. Rev. Lett. 45 (1980) 1142. P. Minkowski, Nucl. Phys. B177 (1981) 203. K. Olaussen and F. Ravndal, Phys. Lett. 100B (1981) 497. K.A. Milton, Phys. Lett. 1048 (1981) 49.Google Scholar
- [6).M.B. Halpern, Phys. Rev. D19 (1979) 517.Google Scholar
- H. Hata and Y. Kazama, in preparation.Google Scholar
- D. Zanon, Phys. Lett.104B (1981) 127.Google Scholar
- G. Veneziano and S. Yankielowicz, Phys. Lett. 1138 (1982) 321.Google Scholar
- A. D’Adda, A.C. Davis, P. DiVecchia and P. Salomonson, CERN preprint (1982).Google Scholar
- E. Witten, Phys. Rev. D16 (1977) 2991. P. DiVecchia and S. Ferrara, Nucl. Phys. B130 (1977) 93. 0. Alvarez, Phys. Rev. D17 (1978) 1123. E. Witten, Nucl. Phys. B149 (1979) 3235. A.C. Davis, P. Salomonson and J.W. van Holten, Phys. Lett. 113B (1982) 472; Nucl. Phys. B208 (1982) 484. K. Higashijima and T. Uematsu, Phys. Lett. 123B (1983) 209.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- D. Gross and A. Neveu, Phys. Rev. D10 (1974) 3235.Google Scholar
- [18).W. Siegel, Phys. Lett. 84B (1979) 193; 94B (1980) 37.Google Scholar
- [19).S. Coleman, Proceedings of the International School of Subnuclear Physics, Erice, Italy, 1979. Ed. A. Zichichi ( Plenum Press, New York ) p11.Google Scholar