Effective Quark Propagator and QQ̄ States in QCD
He discuss in this contribution the role of the quark propagator in an approximation scheme  to calculate masses and wavefunctions of the states in quantum chromodynamics. The scheme is based on the Bethe-Salpeter equation for the QQ̄ amplitude solved together with the Schwinger-Dyson equation for the quark propagator.
KeywordsGluon Propagator Quark Propagator Fermion Propagator Bound State Equation Massive Vector Meson
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H. Munczek and A. M. Nemirovsky, University of Kansas preprint. To be published in Phys. Rev. D.Google Scholar
- H. Pagels, Phys. Rev. D14. 2747 (1976); D15, 2991 (1977).Google Scholar
- K. Lane, Phys. Rev D10 2605 (1974).Google Scholar
- Quark propagators interpreted as indicating confinement have been discussed in Refs. 4–7 above, and also by J. K. Cornwall, Phys. Rev. D22, 1452 (1980); and by J. S. Ball and F. Zachariasen, Phys. Lett. 106B. 133 (1981).Google Scholar
- C. H. Llewellyn Smith, Ann. Phys. (N.Y.) 53, 521 (1969).Google Scholar
- A calculation using Eq. (5), but with V(q) = 0, shows that one can obtain solutions for the L = 1, scalar and axial vector states; A. N. Nemirovsky, University of Kansas preprint.Google Scholar