The Blood Supply of the Upper End of the Human Femur, Including Observations on the Venous Drainage of the Femoral Head
The practical importance of the blood supply of some bones and their related soft tissues has led, in recent years, to the spectacular successes of microsurgical operations for the viable transpositioning of tissues from one part of the body to another. Although anatomists and orthopedic surgeons have continued to study the blood supply of the human hip joint since 1950, their efforts have been directed almost exclusively at the arterial side of this circulatory system. Meanwhile, radiological investigations designed to demonstrate the veins of the hip joint have failed to provide anatomically conclusive information.
KeywordsOsteoporosis Rubber Verse Aceto Femo
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chung, S. M. K.: The arterial supply of the developing proximal end of the human femur. J. Bone Joint Surg., 58A: 961, 1976.Google Scholar
- 4.Crock, H. V.: A revision of the anatomy of the arteries supplying the upper end of the human femur. J. Anat. (Lond.): 99: 77, 1965.Google Scholar
- 5.Crock, H. V.: The Blood Supply of the Lower Limb Bones in Man. Edinburgh, Livingstone, 1967.Google Scholar
- 7.Crock, H. V., Chari, P. R., and Crock, M. C.: La vascularization des os du poignet et de la main chez l’homme. In Tubiana, R. (ed.): Traité de Chirurgie de la Main. Paris, Masson, 1980, pp. 361 – 371.Google Scholar
- 8.Crock, H. V., Chari, P. R., and Crock, M. C.: The blood supply of the wrist and hand bones in man. In Tubiana, R. (ed.): The Hand. Philadelphia, Saunders, 1981, pp. 335 – 347.Google Scholar
- 9.Crock, H. V., and Yoshizawa, H.: The Blood Supply of the Vertebral Column and Spinal Cord in Man. New York, Springer-Verlag, 1977.Google Scholar
- 10.Howe, W. W., Lacey, T., and Schwartz, R. P.: A Study of the gross anatomy of the arteries supplying the proximal portion of the femur and acetobulum. J. Bone Joint Surg. 32A: 856, 1950.Google Scholar
- 12.Trueta, J.: The normal vascular anatomy of the human femoral head during growth. J. Bone Joint Surg., 39: 358, 1957.Google Scholar
- 13.Trueta, J., and Harrison, M. H. M.: The normal vascular anatomy of the femoral head in an adult man. J. Bone Joint Surg., 35: 442, 1953.Google Scholar