A 26-year-old white male was found by the highway patrol after the car he was driving struck a telephone pole. He was admitted to the emergency room within 15 minutes of the accident.
KeywordsHepatitis Depression Respiration Catecholamine Thrombocytopenia
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Murray J.F.: Conference report: mechanisms of acute respiratory failure. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. Am Rev Respir Dis 115:1071–1078, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Advanced Trauma Life Support Course. American College of Surgeons, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.Isbiter J.P., Fisher M.: Adverse effects of plasma volume expanders. Anaesth Intensive Care 8:145–51, 1980.Google Scholar
- 11.Isbiter J.P., Scurr R.D.: Blood transfusion therapy: Components indications, complications and controversies. Anaesth Intensive Care 6: 297–309, 1978.Google Scholar
- 14.Morison D.H., Dunn G.L., Fargas-Babjak A.M. et al: A double blind comparison of cimetidine and ranitidine as prophylaxis against gastric aspiration syndrome. Anesth Analg 6 1: 988–992, 1982.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Boston 1988