A 26-year-old white male was found by the highway patrol after the car he was driving struck a telephone pole. He was admitted to the emergency room within 15 minutes of the accident.
KeywordsTrauma Patient Trauma Victim Tension Pneumothorax Flail Chest Aspiration Pneumonitis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Murray J.F.: Conference report: mechanisms of acute respiratory failure. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute. Am Rev Respir Dis 115:1071–1078, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.Advanced Trauma Life Support Course. American College of Surgeons, 1981.Google Scholar
- 9.Isbiter J.P., Fisher M.: Adverse effects of plasma volume expanders. Anaesth Intensive Care 8:145–51, 1980.Google Scholar
- 11.Isbiter J.P., Scurr R.D.: Blood transfusion therapy: Components indications, complications and controversies. Anaesth Intensive Care 6: 297–309, 1978.Google Scholar
- 14.Morison D.H., Dunn G.L., Fargas-Babjak A.M. et al: A double blind comparison of cimetidine and ranitidine as prophylaxis against gastric aspiration syndrome. Anesth Analg 6 1: 988–992, 1982.Google Scholar
© Birkhäuser Boston 1988