Unsolved Problems Related to the Covering Radius of Codes
Some of the principal unsolved problems related to the covering radius of codes are described. For example, although it is almost 20 years since it was built, Elwyn Berlekamp’s light-bulb game is still unsolved.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G.D. Cohen, A.C. Lobstein, and N.J.A. Sloane, “Further Results on the Covering Radius of Codes,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, to appear.Google Scholar
- K.E. Kilby and N.J.A. Sloane, “On the Covering Radius Problem for Codes, I and II,” submitted to SIAM J. Algeb. Discrete Methods.Google Scholar
- F.J. MacWilliams and N.J.A. Sloane, The Theory of Error-Correcting Codes, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 2nd printing, 1978.Google Scholar
- H.F. Mattson, Jr., “An Improved Upper Bound on Covering Radius,” preprint.Google Scholar
- N.J.A. Sloane, “A New Approach to the Covering Radius of Codes,” J. Combinatorial Theory, to appear.Google Scholar