Future Trends: What is in the Crystal Ball?
This chapter takes a look into the future applications of computer technology regarding the private practice of medicine and health care delivery within the office setting. The indicated future applications are based and structured on the eight major components (functions) of the total office management system. The material presented here looks at the future by presenting a number of scenarios of developing trends related to computers and automation in the medical practice.
KeywordsHealth Care Delivery Office Setting Laser Disk Portable Terminal Market Plan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chapter 18, Creation of a Personalized Medical Textbook: Specialized Software.Google Scholar
- 2.VDT concerns result in changes. Information Week, 13, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.Federal VDT study finally wins approval. Science 232:1594–1595, June 27, 1986.Google Scholar
- 4.TRW finds a creditable to market its data base. Information Week, 30–33, 1986.Google Scholar
- 6.Suggestive software. Computer Decisions, 26, 1985.Google Scholar