Detailed assessment of atrial anatomy is an intrical part of a complete examination. Details of atrial septum, commitment of the pulmonary and systemic veins, coronary sinus, and atrial appendages should be attempted in each patient.
KeywordsCatheter Radionuclide Cardiol Tria Tral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
References by Topic
Atrial Septal Defects General Secundum ASD
- Ballester M, Presbitcro P, Foale R, etal: Prolapse of the mitral valve in secundum atrial septal defect: a functional mechanism. Fur Heart J 4 (7): 472–476, 1983.Google Scholar
- Radlke WE, Tajik AJ. Gau GT, etal: Atrial septal defect: echocardiographic observations. Studies in 120 patients. Ann Intern Med 84 (3): 246–253. 1976.Google Scholar
Imaging Techniques/Transducer Position
- Shub C. Dirnopoulos IN. Seward JB. etal: Sensitivity of two- dimensional echocardiography in the direct visualization of atrial septal defect utilizing the subcostal approach: experience with 154 patients. J Am Coll Cardiol 2(0: 127–135. 1983.Google Scholar
- Seward JB. Hayes DL. Smith HC. etal: Platypnea-ortho-deoxia: clinical profile, diagnostic workup, management, and report of seven eases. Mayo Clin Proc 59 (4): 22l–23l. 1984.Google Scholar
- Seward JB, Tajik AJ. Haglcr DJ, etal: Peripheral venous contrast echocardiography. Am J Cardiol 39(2):202–2l2. 1977.Google Scholar
ASD and Catheterization
- Hagler DJ. Tajik AJ. Seward JB. et al: Real-time wide-angle sector echocardiography: Atrioventricular canal defects. Circulation 59: 149–159. 1979.Google Scholar
- Seward JB, Tajik AJ, Hagler DJ: Two-dimensional echocardiographic features of atrioventricular canal defect. In Pediatric echocardiography cross sectional, m-mode and Dopler. Editor NR Lundstrom. Amsterdam, Elsevier/North Holland Biomedical Press pp 197–206, 1980.Google Scholar
- Silverman NH, Zuberbuhler JR, Anderson RH: Atrioventricular septal defects: Cross-sectional echocardiographic and morphologic comparisons. Int. J Cardiol 13:309–331, 1986.Google Scholar