Free Boundaries in Geometric Measure Theory and Applications
The most famous problem in the theory of minimal surfaces is the so called Plateau problem, where one is looking for a minimal surface spanning a given boundary. This is a problem with a fixed boundary and was essentially solved around 1930 by Douglas and Radó.
KeywordsFree Boundary Minimal Surface Convex Body Regularity Result Topological Type
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Grüter, Regularität von minimierenden Strömen bei einer freien Randbedingung, Habilitationsschrift, Düsseldorf (1985).Google Scholar
- M. Grüter, Regularity Results For Minimizing Currents With A Free Boundary, Preprint (1985).Google Scholar
- M. Grüter, Optimal Regularity For Codimension One Minimal Surfaces With A Free Boundary, Preprint (1985).Google Scholar
- M. Grüter and J. Jost, Allard Type Regularity Results For Varifolds With Free Boundaries, Ann. d. Sc. Norm. Sup. di Pisa (to appear).Google Scholar
- M. Grüter and J. Jost, On Embedded Minimal Disks in Convex Bodies, Analyse Non Linéaire (to appear).Google Scholar
- J. Jost, Existence Results For Embedded Minimal Surfaces Of Controlled Topological Type I, II, Preprints 691, 726, SFB 72, Bonn (1984, 1985).Google Scholar