Lyapunov Iterations for Solving Coupled Algebraic Riccati Equations of Nash Differential Games and Algebraic Riccati Equations of Zero-Sum Games
In this paper we study the symmetric coupled algebraic Riccati equations corresponding to the steady state Nash strategies. Under control-oriented assumptions, imposed on the problem matrices, the Lyapunov iterations are constructed such that the proposed algorithm converges to the nonnegative (positive) definite stabilizing solution of the coupled algebraic Riccati equations. In addition, the problem order reduction is achieved since the obtained Lyapunov equations are of the reduced-order and can be solved independently. As a matter of fact a parallel synchronous algorithm is obtained. A high-order numerical example is included in order to demonstrate the efficiency of the proposed algorithm. In the second part of this paper we have proposed an algorithm, in terms of the Lyapunov iterations, for finding the positive semidefinite stabilizing solution of the algebraic Riccati equation of the zero-sum differential games. The similar algebraic Riccati type equations appear in the H ∞ optimal control and related problems.
KeywordsAttenuation Assure Nash Nite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Başar, Generalized Riccati equations in dynamic games, in The Riccati Equation, S. Bittanti, A. Laub, and J. Willems, eds., Springer- Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- T. Başar and R Bernhard, H∞ Optimal Control and Related Minimax Design problems: A Dynamic Game Approach, Birkhauser, Boston, 1991.Google Scholar
- R. Bellman, Dynamic Programming, Princeton University Press, 1957.Google Scholar
- R. Bellman, Adaptive Control Processes: A Guided Tour, Princeton University Press, 1961.Google Scholar
- S. Bingulac and H. Vanlandingham, Algorithms for Computer- Aided Design of Multivariate Control Systems, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1993.Google Scholar
- Z. Gajic and T-Y. Li, Simulation results for two new algorithms for solving coupled algebraic Riccati equations, Third Int. Symp. on Differential Games, Sophia Antipolis, Prance, June 1988.Google Scholar
- H. Khalil, Multimodel design of a Nash strategy, J. Optimization Theory and Application, (1980), 553–564.Google Scholar
- D. Kirk, Optimal Control Theory, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, 1970.Google Scholar
- M. Mariton, Jump Linear Systems in Automatic Control, Marcell Dekker, New York, Basel, 1990.Google Scholar
- G. Mil’shtein, Successive approximation for solution of one optimum problem, Auto, and Rem. Control, 25 (1964), 298–306.Google Scholar
- E. Vaisbord, An approximate method for the synthesis of optimal control, Auto, and Rem. Control, 24 (1963), 1626–1632.Google Scholar