On the Cohomology of Moduli Spaces of Rank Two Vector Bundles Over Curves
Let C be a Riemann surface, L a line bundle over C, and n a natural number. Then there is a moduli space of stable n-dimensional vector bundles E over C with determinant bundle Λ n (E) ≡ L; this moduli space is smooth but in general non-compact and can be compactified by the suitable addition of semi-stable bundles to a projective, but in general singular, variety N c,n,L .The topology of this variety depends only on the genus g of C and the degree d of L (in fact, only on d modulo n, since tensoring E with a fixed line bundle L 1 replaces L by L ⊗ L 1 n ), so we will also use the notation N g,n,d . We will be studying only the case n = 2, and hence will drop the n and replace d by ε = (−1)d in the notation. Thus for each g we have two moduli spaces of stable 2-dimensional bundles N g − and N g + , both projective varieties of complex dimension 3g − 3. We will be looking mostly at the smooth space N g − and will often denote it simply N g .
KeywordsManifold Summing Cardi Betti Kirwan
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [B]V.Y. Baranovsky, The cohomology ring of the moduli space of stable bundles with odd determinant, Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk 58 (1994) 204–210Google Scholar
- [DW]G. Daskalopoulos and R. Wentworth, Factorization of rank two theta functions II: proof of the Verlinde formula, preprint (1994)Google Scholar
- [Do]S. Donaldson, Gluing techniques in the cohomology of moduli spaces to appear in Andreas Floer memorial volume (ed. H. Hofer, C. Taubes, E. Zehnder), BirkhauserGoogle Scholar
- [KN]A.D. King and P.E. Newstead, On the cohomology ring of the moduli space of rank 2 vector bundles on a curve, preprint (1995)Google Scholar
- [ST]B. Siebert and G. Tian, Recursive relations for the cohomology ring of moduli spaces of stable bundles, preprint (1994)Google Scholar
- [Z]D. Zagier, Elementary aspects of the Verlinde formula and of the Harder-Narasimhan-Atiyah-Bott formula, to appear in Proceedings of the Conference on Algebraic Geometry, Bar-Ilan 1993Google Scholar