Finite Rank Homogeneous Holomorphic Bundles in Flag Spaces
For more than forty years the study of homogeneous holomorphic vector bundles has resulted in an important source of irreducible unitary representations for a real reductive Lie group. In the mid 1950s, Harish-Chandra realized a family of irreducible unitary representations for some semisimple groups, using the global sections of homogeneous bundles defined over Hermitian symmetric spaces . At about the same time Borel and Weil constructed the irreducible representations for a connected compact Lie group as global sections of line bundles defined over complex projective homogeneous spaces . More than ten years later, W. Schmid in his thesis solved a conjecture by Langlands and generalized the Borel-Weil-Bott theorem to realize discrete series representations for noncompact semisimple groups . This extension is nontrivial for one thing because it requires an understanding of the representations obtained on some infinite-dimensional sheaf cohomology groups.
KeywordsParabolic Subgroup Maximal Compact Subgroup Levi Factor Discrete Series Representation Real Reductive Group
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Borel, ET AL., Algebraic D-Modules, no. 2 in Perspectives in Mathematics, Academic Press, Inc., 1987.Google Scholar
- T. bratten, Realizing representations on generalized flag manifolds, Preprint, (1995). to appear in Compositio Math.Google Scholar
- M. kashiwara and W. schmid, Quasi-equivariant V-modules, equivariant derived category and representations of reductive Lie groups, Research anouncement, Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Kyoto University (1994).Google Scholar
- W. schmid, Boundary value problems for group invariant differential equations, Proc. Cartan Symposium, Astérique, (1985).Google Scholar
- ———, Homogeneous complex manifolds and representations of semisimple Lie groups, in Representation Theory and Harmonic Analysis on Semisimple Lie Groups, no. 31 in Math. Surveys and Monographs, Amer. Math. Soc., 1989.Google Scholar
- ———, Unitary Representations of Reductive Lie Groups, no. 118 in Annals of Math. Studies, Princeton Univ. Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- H. Wong, Dolbeault cohomologies associated with finite rank representations, Ph.D thesis, Harvard University, (1991).Google Scholar