Applications of Rate Gyros
This chapter presents some of the foremost applications of rate gyros and other forms of angular rate sensors in flight control, guidance, and automatic navigation systems. In the following description and analysis, the effects of imperfections on overall system performance are presentedm, especially those due to dynamical errors, noise, offsets, and resolution.
KeywordsQuartz Magnesium Sulfide Torque Cage
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Blakelock, J.H., Automatic Control of Aircraft and Missiles, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1991.Google Scholar
- 3.McRuer, D.T., Graham, D., and Krendel, E., “Manual Control of Single-Loop Systems,” Pts. I and II, Journal of the Franklin Institute, Vol. 238, No. 1, January, 1967, and No. 2, February 1967.Google Scholar
- 4.Hudson, R.D. Jr., Infrared System Engineering, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- 5.Leondes, C.T., Editor, Guidance and Control of Aerospace Vehicles, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1963.Google Scholar
- 9.Farrell, J.L., Integrated Aircraft Navigation, Academic Press, New York, 1976.Google Scholar
- 10.Siouris G.M., Aerospace Avionics Systems—A Modern Synthesis, Academic Press, New York, 1993Google Scholar