The American Cancer Society, Inc. (ACS) Study on Cancer in the Disadvantaged (Funch 1985) was summarized in a special report to the ACS Board of Directors (ACS Subcommittee on Cancer in the Economically Disadvantaged, June 1986), along with recommendations on what the ACS might do about the report findings. The special report was approved and disseminated to all ACS committees and departments. These committees were charged with developing short- and long-range plans outlining action it would take toward implementation of each recommendation.
KeywordsAmerican Cancer Society Socioeconomically Disadvantage Economically Disadvantage Indigent Patient National Advisory Committee
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- American Cancer Society, Inc: Cancer Prevention Study II. New York, 1982a.Google Scholar
- American Cancer Society, Inc: Workshop for Cancer in Hispanic Americans. New York, 1982b.Google Scholar
- American Cancer Society Subcommittee on Cancer in the Economically Disadvantaged: Cancer in the Economically Disadvantaged: A Special Report. New York, June 1986.Google Scholar
- Clark, Martire & Bartolomeo, Inc: A Study of Hispanics’ Attitudes Concerning Cancer and Cancer Prevention, 1985 (for the American Cancer Society, Inc.).Google Scholar
- Evaxx, Inc: A Study of Black Americans’ Attitudes Towards Cancer and Cancer Tests, January 1981 (for the American Cancer Society, Inc.).Google Scholar
- Freeman HP: Socioeconomically Disadvantaged Overview, New York: American Cancer Society National Advisory Committee on Cancer in Minorities, May 1986.Google Scholar
- Freeman HP: Because they’re poor. Presentation at the Realities of Cancer in Minority Communities Symposium, April 22–25, 1987, Houston, Texas.Google Scholar
- Funch DP: A Report on Cancer Survival in the Economically Disadvantaged. From the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, State University of New York at Buffalo 1985 (for the American Cancer Society, Inc.).Google Scholar
- Horsch K: Presentation at the Realities of Cancer in Minority Communities Symposium, April 22–25, 1987, Houston, Texas.Google Scholar
- National Cancer Institute. Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Result, 1973–1981 Report. Bethesda, MD.Google Scholar