On the Estimating Method of Fatigue Strength of the Brittle Materials under Repeated Impulsive Bending Load
In the case that reinforced concrete structures are subjected to repeated impulsive bending load, it is important to clarify the fatigue strength and the fatigue life of R/C members under repeated impulsive bending load. In this paper, a method estimating the fatigue life of the brittle materials, such as concrete and rock, is shown on the basis of the test results of cement-mortar beams under repeated impulsive bending load.
KeywordsFatigue Life Fatigue Strength Impact Velocity Brittle Material Mortar Specimen
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kawamoto, 1968, Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol.34, 257Google Scholar
- Hartbower, 1955, ASTM STP 176Google Scholar
- Wornock, 1949, Proc. Inst. Mech. Engr.Google Scholar
- Cotterell, 1962, Brit. Weld. J. no.83Google Scholar
- Matsufuji, 1985, Journal of Structural and Construction Engineering, no.358Google Scholar
- Wright, 1952, Magazine of Concrete ResearchGoogle Scholar
- Durtron, 1930, Premier Congress de La routeGoogle Scholar
- Nakahara, 1984, Journal of the J. S. M. E. Vol.73, no.622Google Scholar
- Freudenthal, 1951, Symposium on Statistical Aspects, ASTM STP 121Google Scholar
- Tanaka, 1963, Journal of Basic EngineeringGoogle Scholar
- Saji, 1984, Proc. of the 27 th Japan Congress on Materials ResearchGoogle Scholar