Contemporary Electroslag Crucible Melting and Casting, and Its Future Outlook
The method of electroslag (ES) remelting of the consumable electrode in a water-cooled crystallizer was developed at the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute 30 years ago and is now well known and widely used all over the world. Electroslag remelting (ESR) and electroslag casting (ESC) are used in the production of high-quality ingots and castings comparable to forgings in their physical and mechanical properties. The castings are used for cement kiln bands, crankshafts, high-pressure vessels, stamping forms, cutting tools, various types of hollow semifinished products, and so on.
KeywordsMolten Metal Casting Mold Future Outlook Electroslag Remelt Consumable Electrode
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.I. Medovar, G.S. Marinski and V.L., Shevtsov, Shevtsov, “Centrifugal electroslag casting,” Znanie Kiev, USSR, p. 48 (1983)Google Scholar
- 2.B.E. Paton, B.I. Medovar, U.V. Orlovski, “Permanent mold electroslag casting,” Znanie Kiev, USSR, p. 64 (1982)Google Scholar
- 3.B.E. Paton, B.I. Medovar, and G.S. Marinski, “Electroslag crucible melting and new casting technologies developed on its basis,” Proc. 8th Intl. Conf. Vacuum Metallurgy, Lintz, Austria, pp. 1335–1369 (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.N.V. Zhuk, B.I. Medovar, et al., “Analysis of 1H16N4B steel preforms produced by centrifugal electroslag casting,” Problems of Specialized Metallurgy, 2, pp. 14–19 (1987).Google Scholar
- 5.G.S. Marinski and A.P. Zinkovich, “Production of preforms form high-speed R9 and R6M5 steel by means of centrifugal electroslag casting,” Report of E.O. Paton Institute, No. 22 (1986)Google Scholar
- 6.G.S. Marinski, A.V. Chernets, and A P Zinkovich, “Production of drill bits by centrifugal electroslag casting,” report of E.O. Paton Institute, No. 23, p. 1 (1986)Google Scholar
- 7.V.V. Panasyuk, K.B. Katsov, and T.A. Ilyk, “Production of drill bits from Electroslag Steels,” Problems of Specialized Electrometallurgy 1 (1988)Google Scholar
- 8.“Equipment for electroslag remelting and casting,” catalog-reference, Naukova dumka. Kiev, p. 32 (1986)Google Scholar