Expansions for Integrals Relative to Invariant Measures Determined by Contractive Affine Maps
- 257 Downloads
We discuss expansions for integrals to invariant measures of certain stationary Markov chains determined by contractive affine maps. In the homogeneous case, Appell polynomials generated by the Fourier transform of the invariant measure determines the expansion. Some facts about the spectral radius of a stationary subdivision operator and the Lipshitz class of refinable functions are also included.
KeywordsInvariant Measure Entire Function Spectral Radius Iterate Function System Strong Operator Topology
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cavaretta, A.S., Dahmen, W., and Micchelli, C.A., Stationary Subdivision, IBM Research Report No. 15194, 1989, to appear in Memoirs of AMS.Google Scholar
- Dahmen, W. and Micchelli, C.A., Stationary Subdivision and the Construction of Orthonormal Wavelets, in “Multivariate Approximation and Interpolation”, ISNM 94, N. Haussmann and K. Jetter (eds.), Birkhauser Verlag, Basel, (1991), 69–90.Google Scholar
- Demko, Stephen, Euler, Maclauren Type Expansions for Some Fractal Measures, preprint.Google Scholar
- Micchelli, C.A. and Prautzsch, H., Refinement and Subdivision for Spaces of Integer Translates of a Compactly Supported Function in Numerical Analysis, edited by Griffiths, D.F., and Watson, G.A., (1987), 192–222.Google Scholar
- Yosida, K., Functional Analysis, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1966.Google Scholar