How to Harness the Power of Information Technology to Benefit Patient Care
Today’s nurses must not only apply a plaster but must also charge for it, chart the procedure, direct others to do the task and evaluate the outcome. In addition, they must manage their own budget, workload, activities of health and other personnel and still spend 40% of their time with patients. The profession is turning to Information Technology (IT) to assist.
KeywordsWard Manager Individual Care Plan Assist Decision Making Centered Information System Nursing Resource
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Caring for the 1990s, HMSO.Google Scholar
- Gareth Morgan, Riding the waves of change.Google Scholar
- B. Palmer (1989), The implications to clinical care of computerized nursing care plans.Google Scholar
- R. Hoy, IT injects new life into the nursing profession.Google Scholar
- B. Palmer (Feb. 1990), A smarter way of nursing. Nursing Times.Google Scholar