An Overview of The Proof of Fermat’s Last Theorem
The principal aim of this article is to sketch the proof of the following famous assertion.
KeywordsModular Form Elliptic Curve Elliptic Curf Galois Representation Modular Deformation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Darmon, H., Diamond, F., Taylor, R. L.: Fermat’s Last Theorem. In Current Developments in Mathematics, 1995, International Press. To appear.Google Scholar
- Diamond, F.: On deformations rings and Hecke rings. Ann. of math.. To appear.Google Scholar
- Diamond, F.: The Taylor-Wiles construction and multiplicity one. Invent. Math.. To appear.Google Scholar
- Frey, G.: Links between solutions of A — B = C and elliptic curves. In Number Theory, proceedings of the Journees arithmetiques, held in Ulm, 1987, H.P. Schlickewei, E. Wirsing, editors. Lecture notes in mathematics 1380. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, New York, 1989.Google Scholar
- Frey, G.: Links between stable elliptic curves and certain Diophantine equations. Ann. Univ. Saraviensis, Ser. Math. 1 (1986), 1–40.Google Scholar
- Mazur, B.: Deforming Galois representations. In Galois groups over Q: proceedings of a workshop held March 23–27, 1987, Y. Ihara, K. Ribet, J.-P. Serre, editors. Mathematical Sciences Research Institute publications 16. Springer-Verlag, New York,1989, pp. 385–437.Google Scholar
- Murty, V.K.: Modular elliptic curves. in Seminar on Fermat’s Last Theorem. Canadian Math. Soc. Conf. Proc. 17, 1995.Google Scholar
- Oesterlé, J.: Travaux de Wiles (et Taylor,…), Partie II. Asterisque 237 (1996), 333–355.Google Scholar
- Serre, J.-P.: Travaux de Wiles (et Taylor,…), Partie I. Asterisque 237 (1996), 319–332.Google Scholar
- Vojta, P.: Diophantine Approximations and Value Distribution Theory. Lect. Notes in Math. 1239, 1987Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 1997