Branching Processes with Local Dependencies
This paper is an overview of results for branching processes with dependencies that are local in the family tree. We illustrate principal problems by giving some simple examples of Galton-Watson processes with sibling dependencies. Results for general (Crump-Mode-Jagers) processes are stated and discussed without proofs.
Key wordsBranching process multi-type sibling dependencies local dependencies macro process stable population
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Athreya, K.B. and Ney, P.E. (1972) Branching Processes. Springer, Berlin. BROBERG, P. (1987) Sibling Dependencies in Branching Populations. Ph.D. dissertation, Göteborg University.Google Scholar
- Jagers, P. and Nerman, O. (1992) The Asymptotic Composition of Supercritical Multi-type Branching Populations. Department of Mathematics, Chalmers University of Technology and Göteborg University.Google Scholar
- Olofsson, P. (1994a) General Branching Processes with Local Dependencies. Ph.D. dissertation, Göteborg University.Google Scholar
- Olofsson, P. (1994b) Branching Processes with Local Dependencies. Submitted to The Annals of Applied Probability. Google Scholar
- SHURENKOV, V.M. (1989) Ergodicheskie protsessy Markova. Nauka, Moscow.Google Scholar
- Shurenkov, V.M. (1992) Markov Renewal Theory and Its Applications to Markov Ergodic Processes. Department of Mathematics, Chalmers University of Technol-ogy and Göteborg University.Google Scholar