Multivariate Regression with Errors in Variables: Issues on Asymptotic Robustness
Estimation and testing of functional or structural multivariate regression with errors in variables, with possibly unbalanced design for replicates, and not necessarily normal data, is developed using only the sample cross-product moments of the data. We give conditions under which normal theory standard errors and an asymptotic chi-square goodness-of-fit test statistic retain their validity despite non-normality of constituents of the model. Assymptotic optimality for a subvector of parameter estimates is also investigated. The results developed apply to methods that are widely available in standard software for structural equation models, such as LISREL or EQS.
KeywordsCovariance Sorb Avar Estima Kano
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amemiya, Y. 1985. “On the goodness-of-fit tests for linear statistical relationships.”Technical Report No. 10.Econometric workshop, Stanford University.Google Scholar
- Anderson, T. W. 1987. “Multivariate linear relations.” Pp. 9–36 inProceedings of the Second International Conference in Statistics editedby T. Pukkila&S. Puntanen. Tampere, Finland: University of Tampere.Google Scholar
- Bentler, P.M. 1989.EQS Structural Equations Program Manual.Los Angeles: BMDP Statistical Software, Inc.Google Scholar
- Browne, M.W. 1990. “Asymptotic Robustness of Normal Theory Methods for the Analysis of Latent Curves.” Pp. 211–225 inStatistical Analysis of Measurement Errors and Applicationsedited by P. J. Brown and W.A. Fuller. Rhode Island: American Mathematical Society.Google Scholar
- Jöreskog, K.&Sörbom, D. 1989.LISREL 7 A Guide to the Program and Applications.(2nd ed.) Chicago: SPSS IncGoogle Scholar
- Kano, Y. (1993) “Asymptotic Properties of Statistical Inference Based on Fisher-Consistent Estimates in the Analysis of Covariance Structures” inStatistical Modelling and Latent Variablesedited by K. Haagen, D.J. Bartholomew and M. Deistler. Elsevier: Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Muthén, B. 1987.LISCOMP: Analysis of linear structural equations with a comprehensive measurement model(User’s Guide)., Mooresville IN: Scientific Software.Google Scholar
- Satorra, A. 1992b. “Asymptotic robust inferences in the analysis of mean and covariance structures.”Sociological Methodology 1992P.V. Marsden (edt.) pp. 249–278. Basil Blackwell: Oxford & Cambridge, MAGoogle Scholar
- Satorra, A. 1993a. “Multi-Sample Analysis of Moment-Structures: Asymptotic Validity of Inferences Based on Second-Order Moments”, inStatistical Modelling and Latent Variablesedited by K. Haagen, D.J. Bartholomew and M. Deistler. Elsevier: Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Satorra, A. 1993b. “Asymptotic robust inferences in multiple-group analysis of augmented-moment structures”, in pp. 211–229Multivariate Analysis: Future Directions 2edited by C.M. Cuadras and C.R. Rao. Elsevier: Amsterdam.Google Scholar