Shift—Nets: a New Class of Binary Digital (t, m, s)--Nets
Digital nets and sequences play an important role in the theory of low-discrepancy point sets and sequences in the s-dimensional unit cube. This paper is devoted to the binary case. We first will improve the lower bound for the quality parameter of binary digital sequences. The main aim is to introduce a new class of binary digital nets, the so-called shift—nets, which in many cases are nets of improved quality.
KeywordsQuality Parameter Finite Field Prime Power Binary Case Lattice Rule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CLM+96]A. T. Clayman, K. M. Lawrence, G. L. Mullen, H. Niederreiter, and N. J. A. Sloane. Updated tables of parameters of (t, m, s)-nets. Preprint, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Law95]K. M. Lawrence. Combinatorial Bounds and Constructions in the Theory of Uniform Point Distributions in Unit Cubes,Connections with Orthogonal Arrays and a Poset Generalization of a Related Problem in Coding Theory. PhD thesis, University of Wisconsin, 1995.Google Scholar
- [LLNS96]G. Larcher, A. Lauß, H. Niederreiter, and W. Ch. Schmid. Optimal polynomials for (t, m, s)-nets and numerical integration of multivariate Walsh series. SIAM J. Numer. Analysis, 33–6 1996.Google Scholar
- [LMMS96]K. M. Lawrence, A. Mahalanabis, G. L. Mullen, and W. Ch. Schmid Construction of digital (t, m, s)-nets from linear codes. In S. Cohen and H. Niederreiter, editors, Finite Fields and Applications (Glasgow,1995), volume 233 of Lect. Note Series of the London Math. Soc., pages 189–208. Camb. Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1996.Google Scholar
- [LS95]G. Larcher and W. Ch. Schmid. Multivariate Walsh series, digital nets and quasi-Monte Carlo integration. In H. Niederreiter and P. J.-S. Shiue, editors, Monte Carlo and Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods in Scientific Computing (Las Vegas,1994), volume 106 of Lecture Notes in Statistics, pages 252–262. Springer, New York, 1995.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- [LSW95]G. Larcher, W. Ch. Schmid, and R. Wolf. Digital (t, m, s)-nets, digital (T, s)-sequences, and numerical integration of multivariate Walsh series. In P. Hellekalek, G. Larcher, and P. Zinterhof, editors, Proceedings of the 1st Salzburg Minisymposiumon Pseudorandom Number Generation and Quasi-Monte Carlo Methods, Salzburg, Nov. 18, 1994,volume 95–4 of Technical Report Series, pages 75–107. ACPC — Austrian Center for Parallel Computation, 1995.Google Scholar
- [NX96b]H. Niederreiter and C. P. Xing. Quasirandom points and global function fields. In S. Cohen and H. Niederreiter, editors, Finite Fields and Applications (Glasgow,1995), volume 233 of Lect. Note Series of the London Math. Soc., pages 269–296. Camb. Univ. Press, Cambridge, 1996.Google Scholar
- [Sch96]W. Ch. Schmid. An algorithm to determine the quality param-eter of digital nets in base 2. Preprint, University of Salzburg, 1996.Google Scholar