Lifting of Characters
- 583 Downloads
In Lifting of Characters and Harish-Chandra’s Method of Descent  we discussed lifting of characters from endoscopic groups in terms which we need for Arthur's conjectures . This paper is an expository version of , written with some important special cases in mind and illustrated by numerous examples. We refer the reader to the introduction to  for motivation; here we limit ourselves to a summary of some essential points and a discussion of how this paper differs from .
KeywordsReal Form Discrete Series Borel Subgroup Principal Series Cartan Subgroup
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Adams and D. Vogan, Lifting of Characters and Harish-Chandra’s Method of Descent, submitted to Journal of AMS (preprint).Google Scholar
- 2.J. Adams and D. Vogan, L-Groups, Projective Representations, and the Langlands Classification, to appear in Amer. Journal Math.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Adams and D. Vogan, Lifting of Characters and Harish-Chandra’s Method of Descent, to appear in Amer. Journal Math.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Arthur, On Some Problems Suggested By the Trace Formula, in Proc. of the Special Year in Harmonic Analysis, University of Maryland, R. Herb, Ft. Lipsman and J. Rosenberg, eds., SLN, vol. 1024, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1983.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Borel, Automorphic L-Functions, Proc. Symp. Pure Math., vol. 33, American Math. Soc, Providence, Rhode Island, 1979.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Helgason, in Differential Geometry, Lie Groups, and Symmetric Spaces, Academic Press, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 8.R. Langlands, On the Classification of Irreducible Representations of Real Algebraic Groups, in Representation Theory and Harmonic Analysis on Semisimple Lie Groups, P. Sally, D. Vogan, eds., Mathematical Surveys and Monographs, vol. 31, AMS, Providence, 1989.Google Scholar
- 11.R. Steinberg, Regular Elements of Semisimple Algebraic Groups, Publ. I.H.E.S. (1965).Google Scholar
- 14.G. Zuckerman, Tensor Products of Finite and Infinite Dimensional Representations of Semisimple Lie Groups, Ann. of Math. (2) (1977).Google Scholar