Intertwining Functors and Irreducibility of Standard Harish—Chandra Sheaves
Let g be a complex semisimple Lie algebra and σ an involution of g. Denote by t the fixed point set of this involution. Let K be a connected algebraic group and ϕ a morphism of K into the group G = Int(g) of inner automorphisms of g such that its differential is injective and identifies the Lie algebra of K with t. Let X be the flag variety of g, i.e. the variety of all Borel subalgebras in g. Then K acts algebraically on X, and it has finitely many orbits which are locally closed smooth sub varieties. The typical situation is the following: g is the complexification of the Lie algebra of a connected real semisimple Lie group G 0 with finite center, K is the complexification of a maximal compact subgroup of G 0, and σ the corresponding Cartan involution.
KeywordsConjugacy Class Simple Root Verma Module Maximal Compact Subgroup Borel Subalgebra
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.A. Beilinson, J. Bernstein, A generalization of Casselman’s submodule theorem, Representation Theory of Reductive Groups, Birkhauser, Boston, 1983, pp. 35–52.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Beilinson, Localization of representations of reductive Lie Algebras, Proceedings of International Congress of Mathematicians, August 16–24, 1983, Warszawa, pp. 699–710.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Hecht, D. Milicic, W. Schmid, J. A. Wolf, Localization and standard modules for real semisimple Lie groups II: Irreducibility, vanishing theorems and classification, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Milčić, W. Soergel, Twisted Harish-Chandra sheaves and Whittaker modules, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Miličić, Localization and representation theory of reductive Lie groups, (manuscript), to appear.Google Scholar
- 10.I. Mirković, Classification of irreducible tempered representations of semisimple Lie groups, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Utah, 1986.Google Scholar
- W. Schmid, Construction and classification of irreducible Harish-Chandra modules, in this volume.Google Scholar