A Lemma on Super-Brownian Motion with Some Applications
We prove a lemma concerning the behavior of the historical paths of super-Brownian motion near their endpoint. We use this lemma to estimate the hitting probability of a small disk for two-dimensional super-Brownian motion, thus complementing results due to Dawson, Iscoe and Perkins  in higher dimensions. These estimates are related to the large time behavior of the solutions of a semilinear parabolic equation, which has been investigated by several authors using analytic methods.
KeywordsFiltration Gall Summing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Abraham and J.F. Le Gall, Sur la mesure de sortie du super-mouvement brownien. Preprint (1993).Google Scholar
- M.T. Barlow and E.A. Perkins, Historical filtrations. Preprint (1992).Google Scholar
- D.A. Dawson and E.A. Perkins, Historical processes, Memoirs Amer. Math. Soc. 454 (1991).Google Scholar
- J.F. Le Gall, A path-valued Markov process and its connections with partial differential equations, Proceedings First European Congress of Mathematics, Birkhäuser, to appear.Google Scholar
- J.F. Le Gall and E.A. Perkins, The Hausdorff measure of the support of two-dimensional super-Brownian motion. In preparation.Google Scholar