The Knizhnik—Zamolodchikov Equations
This article is an outgrowth of a series of three one-hour lectures on the Knizhnik—Zamolodchikov equations presented at the 1998 Adelaide Summer School on “Differential Equations in Geometry and Physics.” This article does not constitute a comprehensive account of all that is known about the KZ equations but, rather, is an introduction to some of the main results intended to motivate the reader to further study. The three main sections can be read, to a large extent, independently.
KeywordsQuantum Group Braid Group Verma Module High Weight Vector Flat Connection
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CP94.V. Chari and A. Pressley, A guide to Quantum Croups, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1994.Google Scholar
- DJMM89.E. Date, M. Jimbo, M. Matsuo and T. Miwa, Hypergeometrictype integrals and the zC(2, C) Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equation, in Proceedings of “Yang-Baxter equations, conformal invariance and integrability in statistical mechanics and field theory,” Int. J. Mod. Phys. B4 (1990), 1049–1057.MathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Dr89b.V.G. Drinfeld, Quasi-Hopf algebras and Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations, in Problems of modern quantum field theory’, Springer Verlag, Berlin, 1989, pp. 1–13.Google Scholar
- EFK98.P.I. Etingof, I.B. Frenkel and A.A. Kirillov Jr., Lectures on representation theory and Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov equations,Math. Surv. and Monographs 58 American Mathematical Society, Providence, 1998.Google Scholar
- Ko87.T. Kohno, Monodromy representations of braid groups and Yang-Baxter equations, Ann. Inst. Fourier 37(4) (1987), 139160.Google Scholar
- Ko88.T. Kohno, Hecke algebra representations of braid groups and classical Yang-Baxter equations, in `Conformal field theory and solvable lattice models’, Adv. Stud. Pure Math. 16, Academic Press, Boston, 1988, pp. 255–269.Google Scholar
- SV89.V.V. Schechtman and A.N. Varchenko, Integral representations of N-point conformal correlators in the WZW model, preprint.Google Scholar
- SV90c.V.V. Schechtman and A.N. Varchenko, Quantum groups and homology of local systems, in “Algebraic geometry and analytic geometry,” Proceedings of the ICM satellite conference, Tokyo, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1991, pp. 182–191.Google Scholar
- SS93.S Shnider and S. Sternberg, Quantum Groups; From coalgebras Google Scholar
- TK88.A. Tsuchiya and Y. Kanie, Vertex operators in conformal field Google Scholar
- Va95.A. Varchenko, Multidimensional hypergeometric functions and representation theory of Lie algebras and quantum groups, Adv. Ser. In Math. Phys. Vol. 21, World Scientific, Singapore, 1995.Google Scholar