Cryosurgery for Tattoo Removal
Tattoos are an ancient form of body adornment that has persisted to modern times. Approximately 20 % of Americans have at least one tattoo, and many seek to remove tattoos later in life. Surgical, chemical, and thermal modalities are commonly used to remove tattoos. Laser treatments have emerged as a more efficacious approach, while cryosurgery stands as a marginal treatment option.
KeywordsTattoo Tattoo pigment Tattoo removal Cryosurgery Efficacy
- 3.Aguirre C. Tattoos and skin health. 2015. http://www.dermalinstitute.com/us/library/78_article_Tattoos_and_Skin_Health.html.
- 4.Braverman S. One in five U.S. adults now has a tattoo. Harris Polls. 2012.Google Scholar
- 5.Tattoo Statistics – Statistic Brain. 2015. http://www.statisticbrain.com/tattoo-statistics/.
- 6.Unwanted tattoos. 2015. https://www.asds.net/TattooRemovalInformation.aspx.
- 7.Kilmer S, Fitzpatrick R, Goldman M. Tattoo lasers. 2013. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1121212-overview.