SeniorCHI: The Geezers Are Coming!
Part of the Human–Computer Interaction Series book series (HCIS)
What do seniors want/need from human-computer interaction and communication? What are the long-term effects on them with mobile/computing devices? How late in their lives can/should we expose them to the latest technology?
KeywordsElderly User Universal Design Camera Phone Apple Macintosh Computer Participatory Design Process
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- DeKoven B (2006) aka Dr. Fun. Writes about games seniors, as well as others, play. http://www.majorfun.com
- GapMinder.com. Information visualization of world trends. http://www.gapminder.org/
- Greene K (2006) Still sexy at 60? Wall Street Journal, 25 July 2006, p B5ffGoogle Scholar
- Maguire MC (1997) A review of user-interface design guidelines for public information Kiosk systems. In: Proceedings user interfaces for all 1997, FORTH conference, Iraklion. http://ui4all.ics.forth.gr/UI4ALL-97/maguire.pdf
- Stephanidis C (ed) (2001) User interfaces for all: concepts, methods, and tools. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, New York. ISBN 0-8058-2967-9Google Scholar
- U.S. Department of Justice. Briefs on the Internet, Americans with disabilities act, and private business available at www.usdoj.gov/crt/app/briefs.htm
- United Nations Statistics (2006) http://unstats.un.org/unsd/cdb/cdb_help/cdb_quick_start.asp
- Universal Design Japan Conference. www.ud2002.org/en/program/prog.htm
- Yan E (2006) Racing to play. Newsday.com, 22 July 2006. http://www.newsday.com/business/custom/retirement/ny-act2spd4823941jul22,0,2223829.story
© Springer-Verlag London 2015