Valorization of Liquid End-Residues of H2 Production by Microbial Fuel Cell
Part of the Green Energy and Technology book series (GREEN)
Microbial fuel cell (MFC) technology can be employed in order to add value to the metabolic products of acetogenesis fermentation after H2 production.
KeywordsAnaerobic Digestion Microbial Fuel Cell Biogas Production Internal Resistance Direct Electron Transfer
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 4.B. Logan, Microbial Fuel Cells (Wiley, Hoboken, 2008)Google Scholar
- 5.P. Clauwaert, Electrodes as electron donors for microbial reduction processes. Ph.D. thesis, Ghent University, Belgium (2009)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Veit, M. Kalim Akhtar, T. Mizutani, P.R. Jones, Constructing and testing the thermodynamic limits of synthetic NAD[P]H: H2 pathways. Microb. Biotechnol. 1(5), 382–394 (2008)Google Scholar
- 11.N. Mano, F. Mao, A. Heller, ‘Characteristics of a miniature compartment-less glucose-O2 biofuel cell and its operation in a living plant. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 125, 6588–6595 (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.S. Venkata Mohan, S. Srikanth, G. Velvizhi, M. Lenin Babu, in Chapter 14: Microbial Fuel Cells for Sustainable Bioenergy Generation: Principles and Perspective Applications, ed. by V.K. Gupta, M.G. Tuohy. Biofuel Technologies (Springer, Heidelberg, 2013), pp. 335–368Google Scholar
- 18.P. Aelterman, K. Rabaey, L. De Schamphelaire, P. Clauwaert, N. Boon, W. Verstraete, in Microbial Fuel Cell as an Engineered Ecosystem, ed. by J. Wall, C.S. Harwood, A.L. Demain. Bioenergy (ASM, Washington DC, 2008), pp. 307–320Google Scholar
- 22.G.T. Kim, M.S. Hyun, I.S. Chang, H.J. Kim, H.S. Park, B.H. Kim, S.D. Kim, J.W.T. Wimpenny, A.J. Weightman, Dissimilatory Fe(III) reduction by an electrochemically active lactic acid bacterium phylogenetically related to Enterococcus gallinarum isolated from submerged soil. J. Appl. Microbiol. 99, 978–987 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 23.P. Aelterman, Microbial fuel cells for the treatment of waste streams with energy recovery. Ph.D. thesis, Gent University Belgium (2009)Google Scholar
- 32.P. Aelterman, K. Rabaey, P. Clauwaert, W Verstraete, Microbial fuel cells for wastewater treatment, Water Sci. Technol. 54(8), 9–15 (2006)Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag London 2015