The introductory chapter sets a background frame and reveals the main reasons which encouraged the authors into researching the topic of energy efficiency of buildings. Section 1.2 is a brief overview of the authors’ activities in the fields of energy efficiency and timber–glass construction, while Sect. 1.3 shortly outlines the content of the book.
KeywordsEnergy Efficiency Heat Pump Solar Gain Thermal Envelope Glass Building
- 1.McLeod V (2009) Detail in contemporary timber architecture. Laurence King Publishing LtdGoogle Scholar
- 2.Wurm J (2007) Glass structures: design and construction of self-supporting skins. Birkhäuser Verlag AG Basel-Boston_BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 3.Žegarac Leskovar V, Premrov M, Lukič M, Vene Ž (2010) Delavnica Lesena nizkoenergijska hiša (Workshop on Timber Low-energy House). E-zavod, Zavod za celovite rešitveGoogle Scholar
- 4.Žegarac Leskovar V, Premrov M (2011) Architectural design approach for energy-efficient timber frame public buildings. University of Maribor, Maribor Faculty of Civil EngineeringGoogle Scholar
- 5.Žegarac Leskovar V, Premrov M (2013) Educational projects on energy-efficient timber buildings, architectural workshop for the municipality of Podlehnik. University of Maribor, Slovenia (Faculty of Civil Engineering)Google Scholar
- 6.Marles (2013) Marles future: promotional catalogue of the Marles companyGoogle Scholar