The introductory chapter sets a background frame and reveals the main reasons which encouraged the authors into researching the topic of energy efficiency of buildings. Section 1.2 is a brief overview of the authors’ activities in the fields of energy efficiency and timber–glass construction, while Sect. 1.3 shortly outlines the content of the book.
- 1.McLeod V (2009) Detail in contemporary timber architecture. Laurence King Publishing LtdGoogle Scholar
- 2.Wurm J (2007) Glass structures: design and construction of self-supporting skins. Birkhäuser Verlag AG Basel-Boston_BerlinGoogle Scholar
- 3.Žegarac Leskovar V, Premrov M, Lukič M, Vene Ž (2010) Delavnica Lesena nizkoenergijska hiša (Workshop on Timber Low-energy House). E-zavod, Zavod za celovite rešitveGoogle Scholar
- 4.Žegarac Leskovar V, Premrov M (2011) Architectural design approach for energy-efficient timber frame public buildings. University of Maribor, Maribor Faculty of Civil EngineeringGoogle Scholar
- 5.Žegarac Leskovar V, Premrov M (2013) Educational projects on energy-efficient timber buildings, architectural workshop for the municipality of Podlehnik. University of Maribor, Slovenia (Faculty of Civil Engineering)Google Scholar
- 6.Marles (2013) Marles future: promotional catalogue of the Marles companyGoogle Scholar