The LEADS in a Caring Environment Framework: Develop Coalitions
In the world of nature, threatened birds flock together. Bait fish form schools to appear bigger than they really are to ward off predators. Cattle gather into herds as menacing thunder clouds appears on the horizon. Even microbes “glob” together as the electrolytes change in their environment.
KeywordsFamily Caregiver Coalition Member Political Skill Coalition Building Knowledge Mobilization
- 4.Cikaliuk M, Tholl W. Develop coalitions. Book four of five LEADS booklets. Victoria: Canadian College of Health Leaders, Canadian Health Leadership Network and leaders for life; 2010.Google Scholar
- 5.Kanter RM. Collaborative advantage the art of alliances. Harv Bus Rev. 1994;72:96–108.Google Scholar
- 7.Smith A. Wealth of nations. London: Methuen &Co., Ltd; 1776.Google Scholar
- 8.Hume D. A treatise of human. Oxford: Clarendon; 1739.Google Scholar
- 9.Friedman T. The world is flat. New York: Farrar, Straus & Giroux; 2005.Google Scholar
- 10.Conklin J, Lusk E, Harris M, Stolee P. Knowledge brokers in a knowledge network: the case of seniors health research transfer network knowledge brokers. Implement Sci. 2013;8(7):1–10.Google Scholar
- 12.Hayward R. Leveraging knowledge tools and strategies for action: Embedded evidence. 7th annual invitational workshop. 2005. Montreal: Canadian Health Services Research Foundation; 2005. Available from: http://www.cfhi-fcass.ca/migrated/pdf/event_reports/2005_afternoon_e.pdf.
- 13.Thomson A. Federal support for healthcare: a background paper. Ottawa: Health Action Lobby; 1991. 30p.Google Scholar
- 14.Liptshitz R, Friedman V, Popper M, Friedman V. Demystifying organization learning. Thousand Oaks: Sage; 2007.Google Scholar
- 15.Shannon E, Stevens S. Engaging a professional services community: collaboratively responding to the leadership development needs of the tasmanian department of health and human services. Next steps: co-producing knowledge for social impact; 2013, Melbourne: Engagement Australia; 2013.Google Scholar
- 17.Bradshaw J. Outgoing university presidents speak candidly about the future [internet]. Globe and Mail, Education. 2013. Available from: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/education/outgoing-university-presidents-speak-candidly-about-the-future/article10824565/.
- 18.King’s Fund. Patient-centred leadership: rediscovering our purpose. London: King’s Fund; 2013. 44 p.Google Scholar
- 19.Francis R. Independent inquiry into care provided by mid Staffordshire. England: The Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry 2010. 2013. Available from: http://www.midstaffsinquiry.com/assets/docs/Inquiry_Report-Vol1.pdf.
- 20.Glouberman S. My operation: a health insider becomes a patient. Toronto: Health and Everything Publications; 2010.Google Scholar
- 21.Crick B. In defence of politics. 5th ed. London: Continuum; 2005.Google Scholar
- 22.Moore C. The mediation process: practical strategies for resolving conflict. 3rd ed. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 2003. Circle of Conflict; p.64.Google Scholar