The Multi-Agent Based Beam Search Method
By integrating multi-agent based modeling with the knowledge-directed opportunistic search (KDOS) method, we develop a new method called multi-agent based beam search (MABBS) to solve complex real-world decision-making problems, such as production scheduling.
KeywordsArtificial Neural Network Intelligent Agent Production Schedule Alternative Action High Quality Solution
- Aufenanger, M., Dangelmaier, W., Laroque, C., & Rüngener, N. (2008). Knowledge-based event control for flow-shops using simulation and rules. In S. J. Mason RRH, L. Mönch, O. Rose, T. Jefferson, & J. W. Fowler (Ed.), Proceedings of the 2008 Winter Simulation Conference.Google Scholar
- Charles, M. M., North, M. J. (2009). Agent-based modeling and simulation. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 2009 Winter Simulation Conference.Google Scholar
- Fox, M. S. (1991). Introduction to artificial intelligence and expert systems. IEEE. http://www.textbooksrus.com/search/bookdetail/default.aspx?isbn=9780780317383
- Ho, Y. C., Fu, M. C., Carson, J. S., Harrell, C. R., Kelly, J. P., Andriidttir, S., Glover, F., & Robinson, S. M. (2000). Integrating optimization and simulation: Research and practice. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 2000 Winter Simulation Conference.Google Scholar
- Hsieh, B. W., Chen, C. H., & Chang, S. C. (2001). Scheduling semiconductor wafer fabrication by using ordinal optimization-based simulation. IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, 17(5), 10.Google Scholar
- Ricki, G. I. (2001). Introduction to simulation. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the 2001 Winter Simulation Conference.Google Scholar
- Shen, W. (2002). Distributed manufacturing scheduling using intelligent agents. IEEE Intelligent Systems, 11(7), 88–94.Google Scholar
- Smith, R. G. (1980). The contract net protocol: High-level communication and control in a distributed problem solver. IEEE Transactions on Computers, C-29 (12), 1104–1113.Google Scholar
- Smith, S. F. (2003). Is scheduling a solved problem? In Proceedings First Multi Disciplinary International Conference on Scheduling: Theory and Applications (MISTA), Nottingham, UK.Google Scholar
- Wikipedia. (2011). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network.