Feedback Control of the DC/DC Converters for PV Source Emulation
This chapter deals with the design and realization of a DC/DC converter for PV emulating purposes. Once the appropriate model has been chosen, the I–V relationship is used to control a DC/DC converter whose output reproduces the behavior of the PV generator. This chapter contains the fundamentals of feedback control and an example of PV emulator design, realized by a buck converter. In particular, both the model and the converter are first simulated in Matlab-Plecs® environment, then the practical implementation of the control algorithm on a DSP board, and the overall PV emulator equipment is illustrated and finally the experimental results are presented.
KeywordsOutput Voltage Duty Cycle Solar Irradiance Switching Frequency Phase Margin
- Bolzern P, Scattolini R, Schiavoni N (2008) Fondamenti di controlli automatici, McGraw Hill, 3rd ednGoogle Scholar
- D’Azzo JJ, Houpis C (1995) Linear control system analysis and design. Mc Graw Hill, NY, USAGoogle Scholar
- Hercog D, Curkovic M, Edelbaher G, Urlep E (2003) Programming of the DSP2 board with the Matlab/Simulink. In: Proceedings IEEE international conference industrial technology, Vol.2 pp 709–713 Google Scholar
- Li Q, Zhoun K (2010) Introduction to feedback control. Prentice hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, USAGoogle Scholar
- Ollila J (1995) A medium power PV-array simulator with a robust control strategy. In: Proceedings IEEE power electron specific conference pp 40–45Google Scholar