Vectors in Spacetime
- 584 Downloads
The simplest, yet most striking, effects in special relativity are consequences of elementary four-dimensional geometry. Kinematics is geometry with a temporal dimension. Vectors in four-dimensional spacetime allow us to express the geometry in its simplest form. As part of the algebraic structure there is also a coordinate-independent scalar product which reproduces the spacetime interval.
KeywordsBasis Vector Rest Frame Proper Time Inertial Frame Speed Versus
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.P. French, Special Relativity (Nelson, 1968 )Google Scholar
- C.W. Misner, K.S. Thorne and J.A. Wheeler, Gravitation (Freeman, 1973 )Google Scholar
- W. Rindler, Introduction to Special Relativity (OUP, 1982 )Google Scholar
- B.F. Schutz, A First Course in General Relativity (CUP, 1985 )Google Scholar
- J.L.Synge, Relativity: the Special Theory, Second Edition (North-Holland, 1964 )Google Scholar