On Using Mode Input-output for Transforming Logic Programs
This paper discusses the transformation of logic programs by using mode input-output. We consider a system based on the Unfold/Fold transformations. First we introduce a notion of well-moded clause and well-moded definite program. We prove that under certain conditions the application of the Unfold/Fold transformations preserves the notion of well-modedness. We also define a transformation of a definite program into term rewriting system and we establish the correctness of this transformation.
KeywordsLogic Program Function Symbol Simple Mode Predicate Symbol Horn Clause
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. Alexandre. Transformations de programmes logiques. Thèse de l’université de Nancy I, fevrier 1991.Google Scholar
- S.K. Debray and D.S. Warren. Detection and optimization of functional computations in prolog. In E. Shapiro, editor, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Logic Programming, London, volume 225 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 490-504. Springer-Verlag, 1986.Google Scholar
- N. Dershowitz and J. P. Jouannaud. Rewriting systems. Handbook of Computer Science. North Holland, 1989. To be published.Google Scholar
- M.S. Feather. A survey and classification of some program transformation techniques. In Proc. TC2 IFIP Working Conference on Program Specification and Transformation, Bad-Tolz, F.R.G, 1986.Google Scholar
- Projet Formel. The CAML Reference Manual Version 2.6. Inria, March 1989.Google Scholar
- J.W. Lloyd. Foundations of Logic Programming. Springer Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- A. Pettorossi and M. Proietti. The automatic construction of logic programs. In IFIP WG2.1 Meeting, January 1989. Preliminary Version.Google Scholar
- A. Pettorossi and M. Proietti. Decidability results and characterization of strategies for the development of logic programs. In G. Levi and M. Martelli, editors, 6th International Conference on Logic Programming, Lisbon (Portugal), 1989. MIT Press.Google Scholar
- U. S. Reddy. Transformation of logic programs into functional programs. In International Symposium on Logic Programming, Atlantic City, pages 187-196, 1984.Google Scholar
- H. Tamaki and T. Sato. Unfold/fold transformation of logic programs. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Logic Programming Conference, Uppsala, 1984.Google Scholar