Plant Maintenance Advisory System Using 3D Configuration Model and PSA Technique (MAS3)
In general, maintenance activities consist of (1) the identification of maintenance tasks, (2) the acquisition of necessary information, and (3) the conduction of proper maintenance procedures. This paper describes the concept and the current effort to develop the computer aided maintenance advisory system using the state-of-the-art computer technology, “Plant Maintenance Advisory System using 3D Configuration Model and PSA Technique (MAS3)”. The key concept is, first, to prioritize and determine maintenance activities using living PSA technique, to retrieve relevant maintenance information through integrated database, and to simulate maintenance procedures using 3D CAD model to reduce potential problems during maintenance. The necessary information is stored in database, i.e., plant configuration data in 3D configuration model, living PSA data, maintenance history and procedures in plant operation database, respectively, and those data are incorporated each other for the effective information retrieval. MAS3 gives an experience for maintenance, so the maintenance efficiency can be increased.
KeywordsNuclear Power Plant Maintenance Activity Maintenance Task Maintenance Policy Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IAEA, Handbook on Safety Related Maintenance, IAEA Training Course Series, Draft, Nuclear Training Centre, KAERI, 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.J.J. Ha, K.S. Jeong, S.H. Kim, S.Y. Choi, and et al., Nuclear Integrated Database and Design Advancement System, KAERI/RR-1586/95, Dec. 1995.Google Scholar
- 3.S.C. Chang, T.W. Kim, S.H. Han, and C.K. Park, Development of Dynamic PSA Tool (PEPSI) for the Risk Management of NPP, IAEA TCM on Numerical Safety Indicator, Vienna, Austria, Nov. 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.S.H. Han, T.W. Kim, and C.K. Park, KIRAP Release 2.0 User’s Manual, KAERI/TR-361/93, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.T.J. Lim, C.K. Park, J.H. Park, T.W. Kim, Survey and Comparison of Generic Component Reliability Data and Establishment of Preliminary Generic Database for use in PSA, KAERI/TR-364/93, 1993.Google Scholar