Dynamic Systems in Neural Networks
Many schemes for the employment of neural networks in control systems have been proposed  and some practical applications have also been made . It is possible to apply a neural network to just about every conceivable control problem, however in many cases, although of interest, the network might not be the best or even a good solution, due to its relatively complex nonlinear operation. A neural network is in essence a nonlinear mapping device and in this respect, at the present time, most of the reported work describing the use of neural networks in a control environment is concerned solely with the problem of process modelling or system identification.
KeywordsNeural Network Radial Basis Function Radial Basis Function Network Recursive Little Square Thin Plate Spline
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bishop C.M., Haynes P.S., Smith M.E.V., Todd T.N., Tïotman D.L., “Real-Time Control of a High Temperature Plasma Using a Hardware Neural Network”, in “Neural Networks, Neuro-fuzzy and other Learning Systems for Engineering Applications and Research”, (ed.) J.A. Powell, Proceedings of an EPSRC Conference, London, April 18th–19th 1994, 16–25, 1994. (Rutherford-Appleton Laboratory publication)Google Scholar
- 3.Brown M., Harris C.J., “Neurofuzzy Adaptive Modelling and Control”, Prentice-Hall, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.Clarke D.W., Gawthrop P.J., “Self Tuning Control”, Proc IEE Part D, 126: 6, 1979.Google Scholar
- 6.Claxke D.W., Mohtadi C., Tuffs P.S. “Generalised Predictive Control — Part 1 The Basic Algorithm”, Automatica, 1987.Google Scholar
- 10.Kaczmarz S., “Angenäherte Auflösung von Systemen linearer Gleichungen.” Bulletin International de l’Académie Polonaise des Sciences, Cl. d. Sc. Mathém, A, pp 355–357. 1937.Google Scholar
- 11.Kambhampati C., Warwick K., Berger C.S., “A Comparative Study of Multilayered and Single Layered Neural Network Based Predictive Controllers”, IEE International Conf. Intelligent Systems Engineering, pp 293–298, 1992.Google Scholar
- 12.Lowe D., “Non Local Radial Basis Functions for Forecasting and Density Estimation”, IEEE Intern. Conf. on Neural Networks, volume II, pp 1197–1198, 1994.Google Scholar
- 13.Mason J.D., Craddock R.J., Warwick K., Mason J.C., Parks P.C., “Towards a Stability and Approximation Theory for Neuro-Controllers”, IEE Control ‘94, pp 100–103, 1994.Google Scholar
- 14.Narendra K.S., “Adaptive Control of Dynamical Systems Using Neural Networks”, in “Handbook of Intelligent Control”, Van Nostrand, 1994.Google Scholar
- 20.Warwick K., Mason J.D. and Sutanto E., “Centre Selection for Radial Basis Function Networks”, Proc. ICANNGA, Ales, France, 1995.Google Scholar
- 21.Warwick K., “An Overview of Neural Networks in Control Applications”, in “Neural Networks in Robotic Control Theory and Application”, A. Zalzala and A. Morris (eds), Ellis Horwood, 1995.Google Scholar