An EPON Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation Algorithm Based on the Multiple Traffic Prediction and Error Correction
According to the upstream TDM in the system of Ethernet passive optical network (EPON), a dynamic bandwidth allocation algorithm (DBA) based on the mechanism of the multiple traffic prediction-correction is presented in this chapter. To improve the real-time performance of the bandwidth allocation, this algorithm forecasts the traffic of varying priority services, then corrects forecast error according to its Gaussian distribution characteristics, which will make traffic prediction closer to the real traffic. The simulation results show that proposed algorithm is better than the existing DBA algorithm. Not only can it meet the delay requirement of high priority services, but also control the delay abnormity of low priority services. In addition, with rectification scheme it is obvious in improving the bandwidth utilization.
KeywordsDynamic bandwidth allocation The multiple traffic prediction Error correction Gaussian distribution
This chapter is supported by key scientific and technological project in Hennan Province: 112102210004. The author thanks the Editor for helpful comments that greatly improved the chapter.
- 1.Zhang G, WU X (2008) Research of in ethernet passive optical networks. Comput Eng 34(10):123–125Google Scholar
- 2.Chen G, Fan D, Yang J (2006) A kind of optimized dynamic bandwidth allocation algorithm for distributed optical network. J Lanzhou Jiaotong Univ 25(6):23–26Google Scholar
- 3.LANPMAN Standards Committee (2004) IEEE Standard 802.3 ah 2004[S]Google Scholar
- 4.Wang H, Li W, Zhang C, Huang H (2007) Dynamic bandwidth algorithm applying traffic prediction. Opt Electr Eng 34(5):117–120Google Scholar
- 5.Fu Z, Lv S (2010) A EPON dynamic bandwidth assignment algorithm share-based the multiple traffic prediction. Third international symposium on electronic commerce and security workshops, 29–31 July 2010, Guangzhou, China, pp 112–115Google Scholar
- 6.Hwang I-S (2008) A novel early DBA mechanism with prediction-based fair excessive bandwidth allocation scheme in EPON. Comput Commun 31:1814–1823Google Scholar