Traveling Salesman Problems on a Cuboid using Discrete Particle Swarm Optimization
This paper introduces a method for calculating the minimum distance of any two points on a cuboid. Then, a new discrete jumping particle swarm algorithm, LK-JPSO, is presented for solving the traveling salesman problems on the surfaces of a cuboid, in which the path-relinking strategy is used to update velocities and positions of particles in the swarm, in order to improve the exploitation ability of the algorithm. After visual implementation of the experimental system in Java with 3D APIs, the effectiveness and the performance of the proposed method are tested on several TSPLIB instances and various sets of random points with satisfactory results.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
This work was financed in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under grant No.61075049, and the National Defence Pre-research Foundation of China under grant No.113020102.
- 1.Davendra, D.: Traveling Salesman Problem, Theory and Applications, InTech Publisher, Rijeka, Croatia (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.Applegate, D., Bixby, L., Robert, E., Chvatal, V., William J.: The Traveling Salesman Problem: A Computational Study, Princeton University Press, USA (2007)Google Scholar
- 3.Mehmet, Ç., Özsağlam, M.Y.: A comparative study on particle swarm optimization and genetic algorithms for traveling salesman problems, Cybernetics and Systems, 40(2009)490–507Google Scholar
- 4.Helsgaun, K.: General k-opt submoves for the Lin-Kernighan TSP heuristic, Mathematical Programming Computation, 1(2009) 119–163Google Scholar
- 5.Mohemmed, A.W., Sahoo, N.C., Geok, T.K.: Solving shortest path problem using particle swarm optimization, Applied Soft Computing, 8(2008)1643–1653Google Scholar
- 6.Chen W.N., Zhang, J., Chung, H.S., Zhong, W.L., Wu, W.G., Shi, Y.H.: A novel setbased particle swarm optimization method for discrete optimization problems, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 14(2010)278–300Google Scholar
- 7.Duan, H.B., Yu, Y.X., Zhang, X.Y., et al.: Three-dimension path planning for UCAV using hybrid meta-heuristic ACO-DE algorithm, Simulation Modeling Practice and Theory, 18(2010)1104–1115Google Scholar
- 8.Uğur, A.: Path planning on a cuboid using genetic algorithms. Information Sciences, 178(2008)3275–3287Google Scholar
- 9.Su, S.B., Cao, X.B., Kong, M.: Stability analysis of particle swarm optimization using swarm activity, Control Theory & Applications, 27(2010)1411–11417Google Scholar
- 10.Consoli, S., Moreno-Pérez, J.A., Darby-Dowman, K., Mladenovic. N.: Discrete particle swarm optimization for the minimum labeling Steiner tree problem, Natural Computing, 9(2009)29–46Google Scholar
- 11.Salmani Niasar, N., Shanbezade, J., Perdam, M.M., Mohajeri, M.: Discrete fuzzy particle swarm optimization for solving traveling salesman problem, ICIFE, (2009)162–165Google Scholar
- 12.Glover, F., Laguna, M., Marti, R.: Scatter search and path relinking: advances and applications. In: F Glover, GA Kochenberger (Eds.), Handbook of Metaheuristics. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston (2003)1–36Google Scholar