Simulation Research of the Influence of Random Amplitude Disturbance on MVDR Beam former
In practical sonar engineering, there is a complexity of ocean diffuse environment and disturb of beam. The random amplitude disturbance error is analyzed which existed in the output signals of every channels of hydrophone by the statistical methods. The Influence of random amplitude disturb on MVDR beam former is researched. The covariance formula and array gain formula of the MVDR beam former are derived under the random amplitude, and also the computer simulation is completed.
KeywordsBeam Pattern Amplitude Error Minimum Variance Distortionless Response Array Gain Optimal Weight Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Schmidt R O: Multiple emitter location and signal parameter estimation. IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 34(3), 276–280 (1986)Google Scholar
- 2.Capon J.: High-resolution frequency-wavenumber spectrum analysis. Pro. IEEE. 57(8), 1408–1418 (1969)Google Scholar
- 3.Sun Rong-guang, Ma xin, Wang yi-chuan: An intelligent algorithm of MVDR adaptive beam forming. The Navy Submarine Academy. 3 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Vaccaro R J (editor): The past, present, and future of underwater acoustic signal processing. IEEE Signal Processing Magazine. 15(4), 21–51 (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Michael D., Zoltowski: On the Performance Analysis of the MVDR Beam former in the Presence of Correlated Interference. IEEE Trans. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. Vol. 36, No. 6 (June 1988)Google Scholar
- 6.Cron B F, Sherman C H.: Spatial-Correlation Functions for Various Noise Models. J Acoust Soc Am. 34(11), 1732–1736(1962)Google Scholar
- 7.Weimin Su, Hong Gu, Jinlin Ni, and Guosui Liu: Performance analysis of MVDR algorithm in the Presence of Amplitude and Phase Errors. IEEE Trans. On Antennas and Propagation. Vol. 49, No.12 (December 2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Panayiotis Ioannides, Constantine A. Balanis: Uniform Circular and Rectangular Arrays for Adaptive Beam forming Applications. IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters. 4, 351–354 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Benesty, J, Jingdong Chen,Yiteng Huang: A generalized MVDR spectrum Signal Processing Letters, IEEE. 12(12):827–830 (2005)Google Scholar