A Low Complexity Parallel Iterative Decoding Algorithm for Turbo Product Codes
Turbo product code (TPCs) can correct a lot of random error and burst, and it has the high coding gain, but its traditional serial decoding algorithm is complex and has large decoding latency. To solve these problems this paper presented a low complexity iterative decoding algorithm in parallel. Based on the iterative SISO algorithm, a new decoding project Parallel iterative decoding+simplified arithmetic was adopted, thereby, the decoding complexity, the amount of system memory and the decoding latency was reduced, while the decoding rate was improved. The simulation results show the correctness and feasibility of the algorithm.
KeywordsSoft Information Iterative Decode Related Operation Error Correction Performance Convolution Code
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Benedetto S. and Montorsi G. : Design of parallel concatenated convolution codes. IEEE Trans.Commun, Vol. 44 (1996), p. 591–600.Google Scholar
- 2.Phndiah R. Near: optimum decoding of product codes. IEEE Trans on Comm.Vol.1 (1994): p. 339–343Google Scholar
- 3.Berrou C, Glavieux A, Thitimajshima P., Near Shannon limit error-codes. IEEE Int. Conf on Comm., Vol.1 (1993), p. 1064–1070.Google Scholar
- 4.Martin P. A., Taylor D. P.: Distance based adaptive scaling in suboptimal iterative decoding. IEEE Trans on Comm., Vol. 50 (2002), p. 869–871.Google Scholar
- 5.Xu Chang-long, Liang Ying-chang, Leon Wing-seng: A Low Complexity Decoding Algorithm for Extended Turbo Product Codes. IEEE Trans on Comm., Vol.7 (2008): 43–47.Google Scholar
- 6.Huang Xiaoping: One kind of new Turbo product code simplification iterative decoding algorithm. Computer applied research, Vol. 28 (2011), p. 689–691.Google Scholar
- 7.Peng WanQuan: Parallel cascade grouping code based on related operation superimposition feedback decoding. Computer simulation, Vol. 26 (2009) p. 348–351.Google Scholar
- 8.Chen Y, ParhiI K K: A Very Low Complexity Block Turbo Decoder Composed of Extended Hamming Codes. IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, (2001), 1: p. 171–175.Google Scholar