- 177 Downloads
This chapter provides background information and describes the tools that are available to the designer of multivariable flight control laws. The fundamentals of aircraft dynamics are reviewed, the basics of flying qualities requirements are discussed, uncertainty models and analysis techniques are presented, and compensator design and order reduction methods are addressed. Because of the wide range of technologies that are considered, it is impossible to present complete details on all of these areas within a reasonable volume. This chapter should therefore be treated as a overview or as a springboard into a more detailed examination of each topic. A list of references is given to facilitate such an effort.
KeywordsFlight Control Flight Phase Spiral Mode Balance Truncation Eigenstructure Assignment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [2.1]J. H. Blakelock, Automatic Control of Aircraft and Missiles, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1965.Google Scholar
- [2.2]D. McRuer, I. Ashkenas, and D. Graham, Aircraft Dynamics and Automatic Control, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 1973.Google Scholar
- [2.3]J. Roskam, Airplane Flight Dynamics and Automatic Flight Controls, Part 1, Roskam Aviation and Engineering Corporation, Ottawa, KA, 1982.Google Scholar
- [2.4]“Military Specification - Flying Qualities of Piloted Vehicles,” MIL-STD-1797A, March 1987.Google Scholar
- [2.7]J.C. Doyle, J. Wall, and G. Stein, “Performance and Robustness Analysis for Structured Uncertainty,” Proc. 21th IEEE Conf Decision Contr., Dec. 1982.Google Scholar
- [2.10]A.N. Andry, E.Y. Shapiro, and J.C. Chung, “Eigenstructure Assignment for Linear Systems,” IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 711–728.Google Scholar
- [2.14]H. H. Yeh, J. L. Rawson, and S. S. Banda, “Robust Control Design with Real-Parameter Uncertainties,” Proc. 1992 American Control Conf, Chicago IL, Jun. 1992.Google Scholar
- [2.15]J. M. Buffington, H. H. Yeh, and S. S. Banda, “Robust Control Design for an Aircraft Gust Attenuation Problem,” Proc. 31st Conf. on Decision and Control, Tucson AZ, Dec. 1992.Google Scholar
- [2.16]J. C. Doyle, “Structured Uncertainty in Control System Design,” Proc. 24th IEEE Conf. Decision Contr., Ft. Lauderdale FL, Dec. 1985.Google Scholar
- [2.17]G. J. Balas, A. K. Packard, J. C. Doyle, K. Glover, and R. S. R. Smith, “Development of Advanced Control Design Software for Researchers and Engineers,” Proc. 1991 American Control Conf., Boston MA, June 1991.Google Scholar
- [2.20]D. Enns, “Model Reduction for Control System Design,” Doctoral Dissertation, Stanford University, 1984.Google Scholar