In control engineering, the conventional method of designing controllers starts with a precise mathematical model of the process. The desired behaviours of the closed-loop system are also expressed mathematically. All these mathematical information is combined and the equations can usually be solved to give a mathematical expression of control to be carried out. The sophisticated automation application from aircrafts and spacecrafts to chemical processes is a tribute to the success of this method and its numerous variations. However, this success can mainly be achieved when the models are given as linear equations.
KeywordsFuzzy Model Fuzzy Control Fuzzy Controller Fuzzy Subset Fuzzy Control System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dubois D. and Prada H. Fuzzy sets and system: Theory and Applications. Academic Press, 1980Google Scholar
- Fung L.W. and Fu X.S. Characterization of a class of fuzzy optimal control problems. In: Gupta M.M., Saridis G.N. and Gaines B.R. Ed., Fuzzy Automata and Decision processes, North-Holland, 1977, pp 209–219.Google Scholar
- Gupta M.M. Feedback control applications of fuzzy set theory: a survey. Proc of 8th IFAC world Congress, Kyoto, Japan, 1981, pp. 761–766Google Scholar
- Kacprzyk J. Multistage decision processes in a fuzzy environment: a survey. In: Fuzzy Information and Decision Processes, Gupta M.M. and Sanchez E. Ed., North-Holland, 1982, pp 251–263.Google Scholar
- Li B.S. and Liu Z.J. Model identification using fuzzy sets theory. Information and Control (Chinese) 1980; 3: 32–38Google Scholar
- Li P., Zhou C., Sun Y. and Ying Y. A multi-purpose robust controller and its application to paper machine control system. Proc of Int. Conf. on Industrial Process Modelling and Control, Hangzhou, China, 1985, pp 178–185Google Scholar
- Mamdani E.H. Application of fuzzy algorithms for control of simple dynamic plant. Proc. IEE 1974; 121D: 1585–1588Google Scholar
- Tong R.M. Fuzzy control systems: A retrospective. Proc of American Control Conference, 1983, pp 1224–1229Google Scholar
- Zadeh L.A. Calculus of fuzzy restrictions. In: Proc of US Open Seminar on Fuzzy Sets and Their Applications, Zadeh L.A., Fu K.S., Tanaka K. and Shimura M. eds., Academic Press, New York, 1975Google Scholar