Effects of Convection in Heat Transfer
When there is a velocity field present in the problem domain, heat is transported by the medium of convection as well as diffusion. The differential equation governing convective-diffusive heat transfer is reproduced here from Chapter 2.
KeywordsConvection Advection Lution Kelly Nite
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.M. Gresho, R.L. Lee, and R.L. Sani. On the time-dependent solution of the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations in two and three dimensions. In Recent Advances in Numerical Methods in Fluids, volume 1. Pineridge Press Limited, Swansea, 1980.Google Scholar
- P.M. Gresho, R.L. Lee, S.T. Chan, and R.L. Sani. Solution of the time- dependent Navier-Stokes and Boussinesq equations using the Galerkin finite element method. In Proceedings of the IUTAM Symposium on Approximation Methods for Navier-Stokes Problems, Paderborn, West Germany, September 1979. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- P.M. Gresho. On the theory of semi-implicit projection methods for viscous incompressible flow and its implementation via a finite element method that also introduces a consistent mass matrix, part 1: Theory and part 2: Implementation. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Fluids, 11: 587–659, 1990.CrossRefMATHADSMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- O.C. Zienkiewicz and R.L. Taylor. The Finite Element Method: Volumes 1 and 2. McGraw-Hill Book Company, London, 1987.Google Scholar
- B.P. Leonard. A survey of finite differences of opinion on numerical muddling of the incomprehensible defective confusion equation. In T.J.R.Hughes, editor, Finite Element Methods for Convection Dominated Flows, volume 34. ASME, AMD, 1979.Google Scholar
- T. J.R. Hughes. Recent progress in the development and understanding of SUPG methods with special reference to the compressible Euler and Navier-Stokes equations. In R.H. Gallagher, R. Glowinski, P.M. Gresho, J.T. Oden, and O.C. Zienkiewicz, editors, Finite Elements in Fluids, volume 7. John Wiley and Sons, 1988.Google Scholar
- O.C. Zienkiewicz, R. Lohner, K. Morgan, and S. Nakazawa. Finite elements in fluid mechanics - a decade of progress. In R.H. Gallagher, J.T. Oden, O.C. Zienkiewicz, T. Kawai, and M. Kawahara, editors, Fi¬nite Elements in Fluids, volume 5. John Wiley and Sons, 1984.Google Scholar
- P.J. Roache. Computational Fluid Mechanics. Hermosa Publishers, Albuquerque, U.S.A., 1976.Google Scholar
- O.C. Zienkiewicz, R. Lohner, K. Morgan, and J. Peraire. High-speed compressible flow and other advection dominated problems of fluid dynamics. In R.H. Gallagher, G. Carey, J.T. Oden, and O.C. Zienkiewicz, editors, Finite Elements in Fluids, volume 6. John Wiley and Sons, 1985.Google Scholar
- J. Donea, S. Giuliani, and H. Laval. Accurate explicit finite element schemes for convective-conductive heat transfer problems. In T. J.R. Hughes, editor, Finite Element Methods for Convection Dominated Flows, volume 34. ASME, AMD, 1979.Google Scholar