Determination of the Kinetics of Cure and Its Problems
For many years, various techniques have been developed and tested for the cure of rubber. A comparison between these techniques used for rubber and the techniques which have been developed more recently for studying the cure of thermosets may be of interest, because the problems are very similar.
KeywordsFurnace Convection Enthalpy Torque Mold
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brown RP. Physical testing of rubbers, Applied Science Publishers, London, 1979Google Scholar
- 2.Vergnaud JM. Liquid transport process in polymeric materials. Modeling and industrial application, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs NJ, 1990Google Scholar
- 4.Di Mauro P. Recent developments in testing, analysis and equipment for the rubber industry. Int Rubber Conf, Kyoto, 1985, p 50Google Scholar
- 5.Hands D, Horsfall F. A new method for simulating industrial cure process. Rapra Report 44, 1980Google Scholar
- 9.El Bronzi A, Dursapt M, Vergnaud JM. Simultaneous determination of torque and state of cure of a thermoset composite by experiment and modeling of the process. Plast Rubber Comp Process Applic 1991; 15: 13Google Scholar
- 11.Nixon JA, Hutchinson JM. Analysis of the cure of sheet moulding compound. I. Development of the model. Plast Rubber Process Applic 1985; 5: 349Google Scholar
- 17.Laoubi S, Bouzon J, Vergnaud JM. Modelling the process of absorption of toluene by coatings made of epoxy resin. Eur Polym J, in pressGoogle Scholar
- 19.Brazier DW. Calorimetric studies of rubber vulcanisation and vulcanisates. In: Grassie N (ed.) Developments in polymer degradation, vol 3. Applied Science Publishers, London, 1981, pp 27–61Google Scholar