CIM Systems Communications at FIAT Automobile Division
The increasing demand and competition in the manufacturing automation market are changing the approach to CIM implementations. Integration and therefore Factory Networking Systems are playing a more important role.
The aim of this paper is to present a management overview of the experience achieved, in the implementation of Factory Wide Communications, by FIAT Automobile Division (FIAT Auto) and planned evolution.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R.VIO, “Planned Business Benefits of MAP Within FIAT”, MAP-TOP-OSI Symphosium, Birmingham (GB ), June 1988.Google Scholar
- R.BALDINI,“Cassino: Bradband Local Area Network System”, FIAT Internal Technical Report 1987.Google Scholar
- M.JOHANSSON, “Communications Issues in Manufacturing”, CIM Review, Fall 1989, Auerbach Publishers New York (NY).Google Scholar
- L.M.OLIVA, “Why Standards are so Important to CIM ?”, AUTOFACT ’89 Conference Proceedings, November 1989, Detroit (Ml).Google Scholar
- Open System Architecture for CIM, ESPRIT Consortium AMICE, Springer-Verlag Edition 1989.Google Scholar
- M.BOBBIO, F.RUSINA’, “An Approach to Factory Control Architecture Using Distributed Cell Controllers”, 19th ISATA International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation, October 1988, Monte Carlo (MC).Google Scholar