Vision Based Online Inspection of Manufactured Parts: Comparison of CCD and CAD Images
This paper presents an automated system as a solution to the 100% control of manufactured parts in a FMS environment. The technique used is based on comparison between pictures acquired through a vision system and the corresponding data gained from a CAD system. Comparison takes place as well at feature level than at image level. All kind of inspections, ranging from conformity checking up to metrology, can be achieved through use of a user friendly planning system. The paper is based on work of ESPRIT Project P2091 “VIMP”.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /SUTH-74/.Sutherland T.E., Sproul R.F., Schumacker R.A., ACM Computing Surveys, Vol 6, No 1, 1974.Google Scholar
- /CADI-88/.Schlechtendahl E.G. (Ed.), “ Specification of CAD I neutral file for CAD geometry, version 3.3 ”, Research report, Vol. 1, Springer Verlag, 1988.Google Scholar
- /PERU-88/.Perucca G., Giorcelli S., De Couasnon T., Hirsch E., Mangold H., “Advanced algorithms and architectures for speech and image processing ”, in “putting Technology to use ”, CECIDGXIII Ed., North-Holland, 1988, pp 543–561.Google Scholar
- /PIER-88/.Pierre F., Herve Y., Eugene F., Draman C., Wendling S.,Proc. of 2th PIXIM Conference, Paris, 1988.Google Scholar
- /TEAN-88/.Technical Annex of ESPRIT Project P2091 “VIMP”, 1988.Google Scholar
- /ANDE-89/.Anderl R., Schmitt M, Schmitt M., “ State of the art of interfaces for the exchange of product model data in industrial applications ”, CEN/CENELEC/AMT/WG STEP 8, december 1989.Google Scholar
- /GASV-89/.Gasvik K.J., Hovde T., Vadseh T., Proc. 5th Cim-Europe Conference, Halatsis C. and Torres J. Eds., IFS Publications, Springer Verlag, 1989, pp 301–308.Google Scholar
- /MORS-89/.Morshedizadeh M.R., Wykes C.M., J. Phys. E: Sci. Instrum., Vol. 22, 1989, pp 88–92.Google Scholar