The advent of in vitro fertilization (IVF) heralds a new era in our understanding and management of human infertility. It represents a major breakthrough in the field of human reproduction and affords hope for couples who desperately want a child of their own. Perhaps IVF can be regarded as one of the most important advances in reproductive medicine of this century.
KeywordsCrystallization Catheter Dioxide Glycerol Albumin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- De Mayo FJ, Rawlins RG, Dukelow WR (1985) Xenogenous and in vitro fertilization of frozen/ thawed primate oocytes and blastomere separation of embryos. Fertil Steril 43:295–300Google Scholar
- Diedrich K (1987) Cryopreservation of rabbit and human oocytes. In: Abstracts of 5th world congress on in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Norfolk, Virginia, 5–10 AprilGoogle Scholar
- Hughes G, McClusky L (1984) $m embryos riddle. The Sun (Melbourne), 18 JuneGoogle Scholar
- Leibo SP (1977) Fundamental cryobiology of mouse ova and embryos. In: Elliot K, Whelan J (eds) The freezing of mammalian embryos. Elsevier Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam, pp 69–96 (Ciba Foundation 52 (new series))Google Scholar
- National Perinatal Statistics Unit (1985) In vitro fertilization pregnancies, Australia and New Zealand, 1979–1984. National Perinatal Statistics Unit, SydneyGoogle Scholar
- Pellicer A, Lightman A, De Cherney AH (1987) The importance of corona-cumulus complex to the survival and in vitro maturation of frozen-thawed rat oocytes. In: Abstracts of 5th world congress on in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Norfolk, Virginia, 5–10 AprilGoogle Scholar
- Polge C (1977) The freezing of mammalian embryos: perspectives and possibilities. In: Elliott K, Whelan J (eds) The freezing of mammalian embryos. Elsevier Excerpta Medica, Amsterdam (Ciba Foundation 52 (new series)) pp 3–18Google Scholar
- Sherman JK, Lin TP (1958a) Survival of unfertilized mouse eggs during freezing and thawing. Proc Soc Biol Med 98:902–905Google Scholar
- Trounson A (1984) In vitro fertilization and embryo preservation. In: Trounson A, Wood C (eds) In vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Churchill Livingstone, Edinburgh, pp 111–130Google Scholar
- Van Uem JFHM, Siebzehnrubl ER, Schuh B, Koch R, Trotnow S, Lang N (1987) Birth after cryopreservation of unfertilized oocytes. Lancet I:752–753Google Scholar